Thursday 31 December 2009

Top Picks of 2009

I do love me a list. No really, I'm a list making QUEEN, I'll make lists for anything.
What to pack when I'm travelling, shopping lists, work lists, project lists, I even made a list of everything I was looking for in a boy once after a friend suggested it and would you believe it worked? The next boy I met was everything on that list. Sadly, I'd forgotten to add 'not a complete twat' so it didn't work out but still. The point is, I love a list.

So, here are this year's discoveries that I wouldn't/couldn't be without...

1. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
I have rattled on about this endlessly here, here and here to list but a few posts and there is a really simple reason for that. This stuff is AMAZING. I've never had terrible skin until about a year ago when I started suffering from adult acne and seriously, it was ridiculously depressing. The topical antibiotics I used to get rid of it worked a treat but left my skin dry, red and sore and nothing was helping resolve the issue. Until I busted open this bad boy. It is amazing. Having just turned 29, ageing is totally playing on my mind (2010 is the year of the big three-oh after all) but this stuff is great. I absolutely credit it with inadvertently passing myself off as twenty-seven for the last couple of months (I totally didn't, he just wasn't listening) and cannot see a time when this lovely stuff will no longer take pride of place on my dressing table.

2. Clairol Perfect 10
You know how I feel about the recession but, well, bloody hell, I suppose I HAVE to acknowledge it now. So the best advice I can give is to do what I did, back away from the two hundred quid hair colour at the salon and pick up a box of Clairol Perfect 10. No one believe I colour my hair myself, very few people even pick up that I colour it but tis true, I go from blonde bombshell to brunette minx about every six weeks and this is my preferred route. Honestly, I'm all smoke and mirrors these days...

3. Smashbox O-Plump
I've been obsessed with this since I got it back in April and am now on my third tube. Not that the tubes don't last that long, just that I have one in each major handbag in rotation... I'm THAT serious about this shizz. Get it. Now.

4. Komenuka Bijin Conditioning Treatment
I left mine in London. I cried. I had to go out and buy more.
That is all.

5. MAC Hello Kitty Range
I'm wearing the blush RIGHT NOW. It breaks my heart that this isn't available every day, everywhere. Seriously, I mean at like Starbucks or something.

5. Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Masque
Out of all the awesome masks I've used this year, it's always this one I turn to in times of extreme shittiness. It really does make you look like someone has slapped you around the chops with the healthy stick. Even if you feel like craaaaaaaaap.

6. The Sanctuary Hot Sugar Scrub
I think I miss this more than anything else (people aside) in the UK. You can't get it here and it breaks my little heart. Honestly, I'm a soft skin maniac and this is the quickest, yummiest route to the softest skin on earth. I love it. Sob.

7. Eyelash Extensions by Natalie
I don't think I lied in the last post, I miss my eyelash extensions to an extreme degree but more than the actual extensions, I REALLY miss Natalie. Not only is she awesome at applying the lashes, she's actually just pretty bloody awesome full stop. Next time I'm in London, I will be seeing her. And then seeing nothing for a week because my eyelashes will be SO LONG.

8. Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils
My collection of these bad boys is now fairly well evolved (I have them all) and I don't think a day goes by when I leave the house without my eyes outlined just so. They're The Best Pencils Out there. That is all.

9. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
And when I'm wearing the 24/7 pencils, I'm usually wearing this underneath them. Miracles. Miracles the pair of them...

10. Johnson's Baby Cream Shea & Cocoa Butter
Ok, so I know this says baby on it but really, it;s one of the best moisturisers I've found all year. I go through an abhorrent amount of body lotion and so as much as I'd love to be extolling the virtues of Body Shop Body Butter, Bliss Lemon+Sage or Creme de la Mer even, I am talking a couple of tubes a month so this, at about $5 a pop, is a godsend. It's rich, it's softening and it smells really, really nice. Job's a good 'un.

So that's it. Mostly because I dropped a bookshelf on my head and I'm feeling a bit spacey so I'm going to stop typing. Or actually start typing. I don't know, it's late.
We're going to be three in 2010, can you believe it? THREE? Actually, that sounds much more manageable than thirty...

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP