Thursday 15 February 2007

New York, New York, it's a hell of a town...

In two weeks and one day, I will be merrily sailing through the skies on a big white plane, squished into my dirt cheap economy seat on my way to my favourite place in the entire world, Noo Yoik! The odds are, four hours in, I'll be watching a bad film, my face smothered in moisturiser and my tootsies warm in my Hello Kitty travel socks but one of my favourite things to do on the way to the US is to pick up all the glossies on the way out and plan my credit card bashing (on the way back, I buy all the trashy tabloids and get the latest on the Jessica Simpson/John Mayer are they-aren't they? debate. Who cares? We don't know who he is!)

But don't think I haven't been doing my prep. Here are some of the thing's I've been lusting after online...

Smashbox O-Glow
I'm a sucker for techie products, I should tell you that now. I was all over that No.7 Perfect Match foundation that 'claimed' it could match your skintone. That was a pooh claim. Now this, I believe to be entirely different. Mainly because I want to believe it.
Sephora says...

'When applied, the skin's moisture activates the energizing Goji Berry-C Complex™. It creates a microcirculatory effect, producing a rosy flush that lasts all day. Completely natural looking, waterproof, preservative and fragrance-free formula glides on smoothly for a healthy, glowing blush that's you, only prettier.'

Who doesn't want to look prettier?? I'm such a mug but I will absolutely be buying this baby.

Stila Celebration of Colour
I love Stila but I do sting handing over my hard earned pounds and pence when I know our US Beautista sisters are handing over far fewer dollars and cents but with this baby, I get the best of both worlds. The Celebration of Colour set is retailing at $160 with a $280 value and includes... (deep breath) 6-pan Refillable Palette containing four .35 oz eye shadows in Starlight (shimmering champagne), Shell (shimmering dusty rose), Latte (shimmering soft taupe) and Belgique (rich matte chocolate), two .18 oz cheek colors in Tutu (dusty rose) and Rose (fresh pink), a .28 oz Stila Sun in Shade 1 (sheer golden matte bronze), three Lip Glazes in Apricot (melon nectarine), Brown Sugar (shimmering golden nude) and Grapefruit (frosted pink), three .17 oz IT Glosses in Sweet (rose shimmer), Enticing (light pink shimmer), and Inviting (peach shimmer), .04 oz Kajal Eye liner in Tiger's Eye (deep brown), .14 oz Smudge Pot in Black, two .04 oz Lip Pencils in Contour No. 1 (rosy-nude) and No. 9 (peachy-nude), .28 oz Fiber Optics Mascara in Black, and a #28 smudge and line brush.

Phew. If you use these products (and I do) this is absolutely worth it but before I commit, I'm going to check out the Marc Jacobs bit of Century 21, 'kay? I'll definitely be stocking up on Lip Rouges and Glaze Sticks so Stila can breathe easy - you're still getting my (overdraft's) cash!

The other things I'm looking forward to picking up are Mac foundation as recommended by Miss Amy Noble, Bliss Oxygen Face Mask (practically half price in the US) and maybe some Nars eye colours. I'm also due to stock up on Origins moisturisers but I'm a bit worried about them not having an SPF... I hate to be a beauty whore but I might have to pimp myself around Bloomies a few times till I find the right thing for me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP