Wednesday 28 February 2007

Form over Function

Now, I'm the first to admit I'm a sucker for the following things:

  • Shoes
  • Laughing at inappropriate moments
  • Anything involving Lurex

So it should comes as no surprise to you that, despite my love and knowledge of all things beauty, if something is pretty, I will buy it.

Example a)

Last year, I fell in love with Paul&Joe. I decided it was the label for me. Slightly sparkly, very beautiful... Unfortunately, my salary did not stretch to Paul&Joe or even Paul&Joe Sister. It did, however, just about stretch to Paul&Joe Cosmetics - ta da!









Isn't is pretty? It is lovely and iridescent and looks like it belonged to Marilyn Monroe and who wouldn't want a part of that?
Unfortunately, it is also white, chalky, slightly glittery and utterly, utterly pointless.

On the other hand, this manky little compact from L'Oreal gives great coverage, has a fab separate little compartment for the sponge applicator and matches my skintone perfectly.
Damn you Paul&Joe, DAMN YOU!










But there is hope.
Below is one of favourite products of all time, the M.A.C. Holiday 2006 compact in Smoky.
Gorgeous, touch me packaging, great sized mirror, good quality brush and fantastic eye shadows for day-to-night, super smoky and all round generally fabulous eyes.









I love it when a plan comes together...

p.s. Yes these pictures were taken with my phone, as well as being an absolute magpie, I'm incredibly disorganised, 'kay?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP