Tuesday 8 January 2008

New Year, New Designer Goodies

There's not a single person that ever read this blog that doesn't know how much I love New York, is there? Well, just in case you're a newbie, I LOVE NEW YORK.

I also love all things associated with New York and one of my favourite streets, Bleecker Street. Home to Manatus rsetaurant, Mangolia Bakery (skip the cupcakes and grab a brownie), Marc Jacobs, Bond No 9, Intermix and Cynthia Rowley.

Cynthia Rowley is a recent crush of mine, fostered on my last couple of trips over. I wandered into the boutique to escape the chills and was immediately drawn to the general cute, sparkly gorgeousness of, well, everything. And they were playing the Arctic Monkeys which I thought was cute. And then The Strokes. And then Interpol. I was in there for a while. The upshot of this story is that I tragically had to leave empty handed as I was already a little worse for credit card wear (I'd so already been in MJ) even though I'd stroked this GORGEOUS green silk shift dress with embellished collar about twenty times.

But HAPPY DAYS, Avon have teamed up with Cynthia Rowley to create a colour range based on her Autumn 07 line! Yes, I'm a little late off the mark with this one but it's still in the catalogue so better late than never, I always say.


And isn't it pretty?
The range includes:
Finishing Powder in Light-Medium and Medium-Deep
Illuminating Stick
Eyeshadow Quad in Plum Orchid and Very Violet
Mascara in Black
Lipstick in Very Violet and Plum Orchid


I'm a little bit in love with Avon again. My cosmetic adventures started with Little Blossom when I was about five - man alive did I love that perfume pen and lipbalm. And I remember my mum slavishly applying Oraflame products like they were going out of fashion. Maybe they were, I don't see them in the current catalogue...




So what I'm saying is, sod miserable January, sod your anemic bank balance, the Cynthia Rowley for Avon range is pretty, a bargain (buy 2, get the cheapest free online right now!) and available from your very own living room! Why not just pick up the whole kit and caboodle? Well, not both face powders, that would be weird.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP