Friday 2 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Hey party people,

Hope you all had a suitably sparkly Hogmanay? I celebrated my first NYE in Glasgow and while it was all sorts of awesomeness, the last five hours on the train haven't been my finest...

Anyway, I thought it would be a good time to reminisce about some of my fave products of 2008, mainly because I'm bored to tears but also because I would hate for you to miss out on any of them.

Starting with slap, it's been a great year. One of the reasons BeautyMecca exists is due to my previously fruitless quest for a good mascara and this year has been full of them.Clinique's Lash Power is still my top pick for long-lasting, natural lashes but Maybelline and Rimmel both came out with big hitters at the end of the year. I ended up going for the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express for my Christmas parties and it did me proud.

As for entire ranges, it's going to be a big fight between Charlotte Tilbury's high street extravaganza MyFace and my department store saviour, Prescriptives. I branched out from my Custom Colour foundation to try Prescriptives' colour products this year and fell in love with all of their mascaras, powders and lipshines but it's been pretty hard to tear me away from the MyFace eyeshadows. And it's entirely down to my life changing MyFace makeover that I'm now a brunette. Sexy, everything about you's so sexy... It's hot. I'm so over blonde.

Honorable mentions to Mac and Bobbi Brown who also made me very happy this year - especially in the blush, dazzleglass, Prunella pencil and longwear gel eyeliner palette sense.

Okay, I can't type anymore on the BlackBerry. Sorry kids, I'm getting RSI.
Back for non-make up beauty wonder later...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP