Monday 23 July 2007

What's in the hen night bag Beauty Lover?

Morning peeps,

Because I know (for a fact) that you're just as nosey as I am, I thought you might like to know what slap accompanied me on this weekend's Hen Night jaunt to, gulp, Blackpool...

Like any committed hen, there was a lot of glitter going on. I make no apologies (except to the landlady of the Cheers Hotel. She's going to be washing that out of the bedding for weeks) it was a hen night and hen nights need glitter, but that did mean the rest of the make up needed to be relatively subtle. Well, that's what I thought before I went out. Once I'd been exposed to Blackpool's masses, I sort of realised subtlety was off the cards.

Foundation: In an attempt to forestall the inevitable knackeredness (six hour train ride, ew) I opted for Rimmel Recover Foundation. Good coverage, nice sheen, fake healthy. Plus, plastic bottle is easy to transport and it's perfect for the morning after...

Concealer: I never go ANYWHERE without my BeneFit It Stick. Love. It.

Eyebase: It was a big night out so I eye primed up with F.Y. Eye... I know what you're thinking, 'BeneFit addict' but hey, these are genuinely the best products I've ever tried. And I have tried many...

Eyes: So I'm trying something new and will be posting properly about it soon. Having passed my driving test (yay me!) the only practical skill (aside from not being a bitch) I have to master is liquid eyeliner. I rocked me some Estee Lauder Double Wear eyeliner, topped with Stila eyeshadow in Shore for a simple but defined look. Topped all this off with lashings of id bare Minerals waterproof mascara. It really, really doesn't shift.

Cheeks: I went simple with Stila Convertible Colour in Gerbera, combined with lashings of High Beam.

Lips: Stila Plumping Lip Glaze in Berrymint. Yum.

And that was it! All masked by Claire's Accessories glitter spray within three seconds of walking by a fellow bridesmaid.
Cow.

P.S. you'll be pleased to know I had to scrape all that eye make up of with wipes at the end of the night. It really, really wasn't moving. I think I've found the holy grail of no budge products.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP