Monday 16 July 2007

What's in the bag Emma Bradshaw?

Oooh, today's beautista has a bag full of enviable goodies - and she's pretty.
Damn it.


What's your signature make-up product and how does using it affect your mood?
It's a tough one, but I think it would have to be No. 7 concealer and (if I may have two, cos let's face it, one doesn't work without the other) No. 7 translucent pressed powder. It makes me feel human and able to walk around in public as though I were a normal human 20 something year old gal rather than the blemished beast that I am. It also doesn't break the bank and I get Boots points. Hurrah! Am I allowed to sing the praises of specific high street retailers? Lovin' your work Boots.

A beautiful boy is on the approach and you only have time to apply one product - what is it?
Well, assuming I am already prepped with stunning night on the tiles smoky eye make up (Yves Saint Laurent black mascara and eyeliner with the trusty No. 7 eyeshadow in one of their many beautiful shades of green or blue) it would have to be the old Pamplemousse Juicy Tube. It's not an original idea I know, but it works. Trust me.

Out of every product you've ever had, current or sob, discontinued, what would be your favourite beauty product ever?

Ooooh an opportunity to express my outrage at not being able to get my mits on Oxygen any more. I can't remember the full name, but it was like super strength, paint stripper stylee astringent and worked a treat on the old pimples (yes we're back to the spots again). They seemed to repackage the whole range, so it disappeared for a bit and when it came back they replaced my beloved Oxygen with some other not so super strong cleanser. Grr. But it was okay, because I could rely on my St Ives Apricot scrub. Only to find a few months later that that too has vanished! If by any chance I have been mislead and these products are still nestled on the shelves of some pharmacy or other somewhere, someone please tell me!! Alas, though, I fear that the many branches of Superdrug and Boots that I have trawled on my search reflect the sad truth that is they are gorn. Lost forever. Sniff sniff.


So, the make up bag...

Well, on a daily basis I am afraid to confess it is just the lip gloss. Yes, I never leave home without a juicy tube. If I have somehow found space in my oh so crowded bag for more you would find the afore mentioned NO. 7 powder and concealer, touche eclat - vital for avoiding looking nocturnal, Bobbi Brown rouge type stuff (though I'm now keen to try this pinch your cheeks business as dear old Bobbi is a bit of a challenge to use without achieving the toy doll look), Yves Saint Laurent black mascara and eyeliner - essential for opening up piggy eyes, a touch of No. 7 eyeshadow - I have more shades than I can mention, but something neutral for the day time and most importantly - Eyebrow gel from The Body Shop.
Absolutely essential for keeping those fluffy bad boys under control.

Isn't it the best when you read a What's in the Bag and agree with everything? And what ever did happen to Oxy? I used to burn layers of skin off with that stuff.
Ace.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP