Wednesday 18 July 2007

A Few of My Favourite Things... Body Moisturisers

So you've got rid of the elephant skin (good) and now you need to moisturise to make sure it doesn't come back in the night when you're not looking.

I'm sure you already know but hey, I'm nothing if not a nag so please moisturise after every shower or bath, preferably morning and evening. I do get dry skin so maybe I'm going overboard but who doesn't like to be silky smooth?

My favourite moisturisers change regularly and I'm a real believer in layering scent so I'm often rocking Chanel Cpco Madamoiselle body lotion, Angel Innocent fizzing moisture gel (that stuff ROCKS) or if I'm feeling minxish, Agent Provocateur Sauce. Grrr.

But when I need a hit of moisture, I reach for these two products every time. For a daytime, I love Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream. It comes in a big old pump dispenser and contains gorgeous lemongrass and rosemary oils that smell divine plus hydroxy acids from sugar cane and apple to relieve skin dryness. Bundle all that up with green tea, lavender, tea tree and chamomile oils soothe and soften the skin, while essential oils of sandalwood, orange, clary sage, patchouli and rosemary help to hydrate the skin and lock in moisture. Mmm. Make me hungry just reading the bottle.
http://www.dermalogica.co.uk/default2.asp?region=A&location=UK


When my skin is feeling particularly stressed out, I like to treat it to a slathering of Spiezia Organics Restoring Body Balm... This stuff sends me into complete rapture and I LOVE to slap it on before bed, knowing that I'll wake up soft and smooth. Treat your rough patches to a smattering and see yourself transformed, honestly.
Totally organic and totally beautifully packaged, the restorative balm is full of fab things like coconut , extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, yarrow, horsetail, lemon, wheatgerm oil, rose petals and my guilty secret favourite, lavender.
Yarrow again... we're seeing a whole lot of yarrow coming through.
http://www.spieziaorganics.com/acatalog/Spiezia_Organics_Spiezia_Woman_2.html#a24


mmm, smooth enough to slide past Brad Pitt's security guards...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP