Monday 16 April 2007

What's in the Bag Alison Young?

On the weekends that I am abandoned by Mr Beauty Lover for a variety of sporting activities (pah), I turn to my guilty pleasures. Lindsay Lohan movies, curlywurlies and Buffy the Vampire Slayer boxsets. But sometimes, all that vampire staking/teen angst is a bit too cerebral for a lazy Sunday (I'm talking really, really lazy) and on those days I turn to my guiltiest pleasure.

QVC.

So you can only imagine how DELIGHTED I was to discover that yesterday was Lessons in Beauty Day! So many hours that could have been spent doing something productive*, actually spent 'ooohing' and 'ahhing' over Sun Labs self tan and Elemis starter kits - I mean, did you SEE the Today's Special Value? Amazing... I really do love QVC, you can get some of the best brands around at really reasonable prices wherever you live (Bliss, Smashbox, Philosophy, Bare Essentials, Benefit, Liz Earle, Elemis are all regulars), you can learn some helpful hints and tips and once you've got past the 'Amy from Alfreton' phone in questions, it's actually really good fun.
So in honour of my lazy Sunday, today's What's in the Bag is the Queen of QVC, the Helen of Troy of Home Shopping, the woman who magically informed me through the medium of cable TV that the persistent redness in my skin was from an overly abrasive exfoliator - Alison Young!!!


What's your signature make-up product and how does using it affect your mood?
Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl and SPF (QVC item no. 221701) makes me happier for so many reasons. Smashbox Dermaxyl actually treats the skin and protects it with the SPF factor. It is so much easier to apply make-up, it just glides on leaving you looking less made up. Smashbox Dermaxyl also has long term improvement on wrinkles and lines. It is non-greasy so doesn't give you spots.

A beautiful boy is on the approach and you only have time to apply one product - what is it?
I would have to choose Cosmetics a la Carte Honey Cheek Tint (QVC item no. 221517) as it gives a fresh dewy youthful look to the skin without looking made up.

Of every product you've ever had, current or sob, discontinued, what would be your favourite beauty product ever?
I would have to say Clientele Elastology Age Blocker (QVC item no. 221315). This is great if you are concerned with aging skin and also contains SPF. Never underestimate the ageing, pigmented effect the sun can give your skin. This cream should be used everyday and not just in the summer. It sinks in easily, has a matt finish and is non-greasy. Suitable for all skin tones and make-up glides on with no problems.

Listen to the lady, she's all kinds of clever.
And watch QVC - you know you want to.

*Yes, I know yesterday was a beautiful day and I should have been out leaping through fields and meadows but I'm really pale and the sun hates me, okay? I did sit outside to eat a well barbecued sausage for a while before I went in to watch Slap Her, She's French, if that helps at all?
No?

Oh.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP