Wednesday 22 April 2009

April Rules: The Sassy Minx

Aside from fanny around playing with make up, another thing I like to do to pass (all of my) the time reading the awesome blogs of ladies of fabulousness.
One of these blogs is The Sassy Minx, run by ladies that make me laugh, make me cry and give me the worst lipstick/eyeliner envy known to man.

The first of the Sassy Minxes, Miss Aimee Richards has been so kind as to spill her make up bag for us all to see her essentials... please don't be too jealous, just inspired.


I don’t really wear base foundation so I usually mix Benefit Rebel tinted moisturizer with Lancomes Hydrazen Neurocarm Moisturiser for dry skin. I also use the Lancome Hydrazen Nuit and the Biofacils Make up remover, which keeps my complexion peachy. I have tried other brands, but they make my face rash and I adore the heavy pots Lancome use.

For flawless evenings I use Chanel’s Hydrabase foundation as it is so matte and usually polish off with some MAC mineral bronzer in Medium Dark applied with Lancome’s blusher brush. A little bit of YSL’s Touche Eclat is always good for those post-party dark under eye circles and I am slave to liquid eyeliner by Mac applied with their eyeliner brush and Diorshow Blackout mascara in Blackout.

My eyebrows are a bit dodgy, so I have a pair of Tweezerman tweezers on hand, as well as the eyebrow palette and eyebrow brush by Mac to shade in the edges.

I have about four colour’s of MAC eyeshadow’s in my makeup bag too-I like greens, blues and a dark grey for a smoky eye applied with my Ruby and Millie’s eye shadow brush.

I stick to lipsticks pretty much - MAC’s Vegas Volt coral and Miss Sporty’s signature red (it’s the cheapest thing I’ve used but it suits me more than expensive sticks). I always have a Juicy Tube by Lancome in my bag and Mac’s Dolly blusher for a day when I want a little lightness.
And to be honest, I have a makeup bag, but it’s all spilt in my handbag so I snatch and grab!


Given that I'm desperately nosey, I'd love to know what's in your make up bag if you want to share?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP