Friday 24 April 2009

April Rules: BeautyLover's Beauty Bag

Since I've been nosing around other people's bags this week, I thought it might be a good time to let you have a sneak peek in mine.
Now, as you can imagine, I own an epic quantity of make up so this is literally the top line, every day, always by my side, must have prods...
Enjoy.


Base
I like to use a primer under my foundation to give is some grip, usually Smashbox Photofinish or Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier which is super amazing. My Prescriptives Custom Colour foundation then goes on with a sponge, followed by BeneFit It Stick and Touche Eclat to cover up any blemishes. I try and avoid too much powder but I like Prescriptives Magic Powder if I need the velvetty finish and staying power of a loose powder, or MAC pressed powder to dispel a shiny nose.
I flirt with id bareMinerals mineral foundation every couple of months and do love it but generally find myself back on the Prescriptives fluid eventually just because it's quicker, easier and more portable.
For cheeks, I'm all about BeneTint again at the moment, topped off with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond. Pretty. But I do like the MAC Hello Kitty blush in Tippy too at the moment, it's a super cute bright blue pink.

Eyes
I swap and change eye colour almost every day but you can be sure you'll find Stila's Cloud eyeshadow and MAC's Prunella and Industry pencils in my bag daily. I live and die by these bad boys - aside from colour pop, there isn't a look they can't create between them. I'm a bit of a mascara whore, at the moment it's Revlon's Beyond Natural but I heart Maybelline Volum' Express and Clinique's Lash Power too.

Lips
Again, I'm a total brand whore on my lips. I usually just add a little MAC tinted lip conditioner by day, either Petting Pink or my new favourite, Plum Perfect. Otherwise it's Smashbox O-Plump which I'm in love with or maybe my Date Night MAC Dazzle Glass if I'm really after a bit of colour. Lipstick purely for nights out for me at the moment.

Wow, I feel like I wear a lot more than this... This is a good thing, right?
One day, I'll take a photo of all the slap in the BeautyMecca penthouse and you will be disgusted/amazed.

And yes, I know my hair looks bad in the picture but it was four in the morning in Paris.
I'm over it.



0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP