Monday 24 March 2008

New Beginnings... New Fragrance - from Usher?

Now I don't know about you but I love perfume. Love it, love it, love it. Love the smell, love the bottles, love the idea of indulgence, yum. Can't even bear to leave the house without a wee bottle in my bag.


However, I have been uber suspicious of the new cult of celebrity fragrances. Okay, so maybe some style icons can get away with a perfume. I love Gwen Stefani's L, I like SJP's perfumes (although they're not right for me, mummy BeautyLover rocks Lovely like a mofo) and as you might remember, I even liked Sean John's Unforgivable - Man and Woman. Get me.

The perfumes I am not okay with are:
a) Colleen
b) Jade Goody
c) Shilpa Shetty
d) THE BECKHAMS - I mean, 'Intimately Beckham' do you really want to be spritzing yourself down with their 'intimate' scents? Ew. I could be very vulgar (get a drink in me and I will be) but I'll leave it at ew.

Grey areas, because I shouldn't be okay with them but secretly am, include Paris Hilton and the Mary-Kate and Ashley fragrances. I'm a sucker for real celebs, okay?

Today's celebrity fragrance is form Usher (no, really) and falls into the Sean John category. I actually really, really like it, even though I feel as though I shouldn't. Gwen Stefani aside, it would seem the way to my heart for most hippity hop stars  it not via my ears but through my nose.

The Usher peeps have this to say...

For Women:

The Fragrance 

Luscious, Fruity, Floral

Mysterious and Addictive

USHER reveals a mouth watering sensation with a sexy heart. Opening with notes of Red Currant, Pink Freesia and Apple Blossom. Mid-notes of Frangipani, Apricot Nectar, Blooming Jasmine and Passion Rose add sophistication and femininity.

The base is balanced with Amber Wood, Sensual Musk, Cashmere Wood and Incense.


For Men:

The Fragrance

Fresh, Woody. Musk

HE is cool…HE is confident.

USHER for Men bursts open with Verbena, Pineapple and Melon. The mid-notes linger on the skin with the warmth and sensuality of Blue Lavender, White Pepper and Violet Leaf.

The dry down of Vetiver, Amber Wood, Black Suede, Sandalwood, Sensual Musk and Guaiac Wood create an underlying softness.


The range doesn't just include perfumes and aftershaves, there are body butters, shower gels (containing pearl, ooooh) and deodorants.

Because as Usher has apparently said, 'It's not how famous UR, it's what UR famous for.'

While I don't love the UR nonsense but luckily I do like the perfume. Start spelling proper like what I do Usher or no amount of yummy fragrances are going to help you. Unless you do that funny dancing and then I'll definitely buy it.


Check out stockists on 0845 688 3343.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP