Thursday 20 December 2007

Silver Bells...

Since I'm manktastic with flu, I'm leaning very much towards quick fixes to put me in the party spirit at the moment. One of my favourite ways to sparkle and shine, is to whack on a slick of lovely silver eyeshadow and let my peepers do the talking.

Mainly because I can't, due to my hacking cough.

Anyhoo, here are my current faves:

Daytime
You really just want a light, iridescent sweep that's going to brighten your eyes and make them twinkle - nothing too dramatic.

I heart...
Estee Lauder: Silver Ball - really lovely texture and a nice light coverage which can be built up if you feel so inclined. Plus, comes with a mirror and applicator in the packaging. Score.

Paul&Joe Beaute: Shade 19 - GORGEOUS packaging and another fab mirror in the case. This is packed with sparkle and a hint darker than the Lauder shadow if you want a touch more definition. This isn't the right shade, FYI, but it's suuuuuuuuch pretty pacakging, I could weep.


Nars: Heart of Glass - bonus points for the Blondie reference. I adore Nars shadows for their incredibly high pigmentation and cracking staying power but this puppy is a real winner for daytime. I rocked it for a lunchtime do and won scores of compliments. It's a really bright, light silvery colour with tonnes of sparkle. More points for more mirrors in compacts and more importantly, a sexy rubberised finish. Brrriaooow!


Desk to Dance Floor
Now you want to ramp up the raunch and take a subtle eye to something a touch more party-centric.

I like...

YSL Ombre Duolumiere: Shade 5 - Sweep the lighter silvery lavender all over your lid for a daytime look, then, using one of the TWO applicators in the compact (mirrored again - I'm spoiled) sharpen up for the evening with the smokey grey along your lashline and crease.

BeneFit Creaseless Cream: Skinny Jeans - This is a GORGEOUS colour and looks great swept on lightly with your ring finger for day, and built up with a synthetic brush for the evening.


D-I-S-C-O
It's time to make an impact, so let's get serious...

I am loving:

Aura Paradise Eyes: Texas Cowboy - a gorgeous smoky charcoal to really vamp up. The squat screw lid can be a little fiddly but the colour and consistency of the shadow is totally worth it.


Bella Pierre Mineral Shimmer Powder: These powders are a dream. A slightly pricier version of Barry M's Dazzle Dusts, these shadows are perfectly blendable, stay put once they're on and, as minerals, they're totally kind to skin. I like a blend a dark grey with one of the lighter, sparklier ones and really go for it. BEE-YOO-TI-FULL.

Barry M Dazzle Dust: And of course, I got NO problem with the classics. Dazzle dusts are easy to get hold of and cheap enough to play around with. And they be chock full of silvery options - go for grey or charcoal if in doubt.

Now go forth and sparkle like the fairy on the top of the tree...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP