Wednesday 24 January 2007

Strong Foundations...

Everyone knows a building will collapse if it doesn't have strong foundations as far as you are concerned, if you've got the wrong slap on to start with, the rest of your make up is the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I've tried every foundation worth having, spending a little and spending alot. My main problem is that I'm super pale with red undertones so I need a porcelain foundation with yellow tones. Sound easy? It's not, while not as tricky as finding foundation for darker skin, pale skin is still under-serviced. Most bargain brands don't go pale enough and even a lot of boutique and premium brands are slow to catch on.

Here are some of the best I've tried...


Stila Tinted Moisturiser


This is cheating really because it's a tinted moisturiser rather than a true foundation but still, the colour is perfect on me and the coverage is pretty good for a tint. It feels lovely on the skin and, with a touch of powder, is all I need to even out my skintone if I'm having a good skin day.





Clinique Skin Smoother Foundation



Now, this is a bit of a cheat because Clinique foundations are actually a touch dark for me but in summer, I can almost pull them off. I have included this one, because a) it's a tube which I love because you can really use all the product and b) it feels DIVINE on the skin, like velvet. Combined with the Smashbox primer, I have never seen my skin look so smooth or feel so soft. Shame about the damn colour!


Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation

This is the best of the premium brands I've tried, the colour is perfect for me but I go on and off the formulation. Sometimes, it feels and looks more like it's just sitting on the skin rather than blending in but sometimes it looks just fine. I really rely on Bobbi Brown for the colour so I will be paying them a visit very soon to look for a new formulation!





Rimmel Cool Matte Mousse

Apparently, Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation is our country's number one pick. I tried it, I liked the texture, I liked the staying power, however, what I did not like was looking as though I'd borrowed Jennifer Lopez's make up collection, even with the palest shade. For shame Maybelline! I bought the Rimmel version on offer in Superdrug (it's always on offer somewhere!) and was pleasantly surprised. It's much paler, the cooling affect is pretty good and the staying power is excellent. The only thing I don't love is the feeling it gives when you're working it into the skin, almost like it's seizing up. I'm not going to look a bargain horse in the mouth though, so well done Rimmel!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP