Monday 22 January 2007

Inside my make-up bag...

There are two really simple ways to make this world an easier place to be.

One is to get everyone to display their iPod playlists constantly, that way you can tell if you've got stuff in common, if the person has the required amount of respect for both The White Stripes and the early work of Britney Spears and you can more or less find out whether or not that gorgeous guy who sits opposite you on the tube every day could be your future husband or gay best friend.

The other is for every woman you meet to turn out the contents of her make up bag instantly upon meeting you. Is she packing a whole professional kit, just the basics, a night-to-day selection or God forbid, nothing but a chapstick.

Every Monday I'm going to be asking people to turn out their make up bags for you (mostly for me actually) so we can see what every day hot to trot ladies are toting...

In the interests of fairness, I'll go first!

Korres Vitamin Concealer
This is a new product for me but the best liquid pen style concealer I've ever ever used. It even doubled up as foundation when I forgot to take it home at Christmas (I was sick OK?!)

MAC Holiday Palette in Smoky Eyes
My eternal quest for smoked eye make up... This is perfect for day to night. There's a shimmery white and a dusky brown that won't scare my boss and then a greeny grey, glittery silver and midnight black to vamp it up after dark.

Get Bent Mascara

Promised to stop talking about BeneFit. It's great, 'nuff said.






Rosebud Salve

Lovely lipbalm, cult classic in the states but I wouldn't necessarily pay the huge UK price tag on it. You're just as well off with Vaseline.






Dr Feelgood
Again, I won't go on but it's great. Especially in this horrible weather, it just feels like an extra layer of protection between your skin and the wicked wind.

Mini Lip Venom Flash, High Beam and Ooh La Lift!

I love carrying minis. They make me feel like I'm on a constant holiday. I'm so sad.

That's it for today and I'll be honest, that's me packing fairly light. I don't even have a blusher with me!



If you would like to share your make up bag with the world (erm, me) mail me at beautymecca@gmail.com with the contents of your make up bag and if you like, a wee pic of you working your look.

Can't wait to meet you all!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP