Monday 15 January 2007

First Things First...

I wanted to start things off by saying I am currently enjoying the best skin I've ever had.
The problem is, I don't know exactly why...

I recently changed all of my skincare products and can't pin down which one is making the dramatic difference to my rosy glow and blemish free complexion. Here's what I'm using, from start to finish:

Morning
I'm washing with Rhodes to Heaven Organic Rose Facial Wash, which I'm trying out for a beauty publication. At first I really didn't like it - too strong a scent of roses, the gel was too thick and it needed tonnes of water to 'give' and my skin was left feeling a little dry. Two weeks in and I'm completely turned around. I used to be so guilty of overworking my skin with exfoliants because I didn't understand my skintype at all but this gentle cleanser is a dream. I'm still not crazy about the smell but I think it's doing a great job.



Once a week I use the skin polisher too which I'm still not completely sold on. I'm more of a BeneFit 'Honey Snap Out Of It' scrub or Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash kind of a girl, the Bliss scrub is really gentle and smells divine, while the BeneFit scrub doubles up as a mask and you really know your face is clean after using it!

Post bathroom, I follow up the cleanser with the Origins Perfect World eye serum, skin guardian and moisturiser that I bought on my last trip to New York and man alive, I cannot say enough good things about these products. You can buy them here but they're mucho pricier so if you know anyone in the US, get a care package sent pronto.

I love the scent, the texture, the way they leave my skin feeling soft and supple and protected and even the lovely packaging. The only thing I'm disappointed in, is the lack of sunscreen, so much so that when the moisturiser runs out, I think I'm going to have to swap to another brand with an SPF. What can I say? I'm uber pale.


Evening

I'm all over Johnson&Johnson's Eye Make Up Remover Pads. They take off every last scrap of my eye make up and they're as soft as clouds. No dragging here. Then it's back to the Rose Cleansing Gel and Origins Perfect World Eye Serum but for moisturising, I'm testing a REN product, Frankincense & Boswellia Serrata Repair Cream.

Again, the scent really put me off this at first (it smells like black pepper!) and although it's not really a nightcream, the scent is way too powerful to wear in the day. Also, no spf again - what's wrong with these people?! The moisturiser is supposed to work like a natural Botox but I'm not really seeing any difference in my fine lines, although my skin does look good. I don't think I'll buy it again.


If I had to guess which products were doing all the hard work, I'd guess the Origins Perfect World trio but that could just be because I love them so. Maybe I'm putting altogether too much thought into this and need to get back to soap and water with Oil of Olay, like my 77 year old grandmother - she has the skin of a peach!




Rhodes to Heaven: The Organic Rose Facial Wash
http://www.rhodestoheaven.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=11




Origins: A Perfect World
http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/products/supercat.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT3641




Johnson&Johnson Eye Make Up Remover Pads
http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1058196&classificationid=1018010




REN: Frankincense & Boswellia Serrata Repair Cream
http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=316&SectionID=340&FeaturedID=1879&FeaturedProduct=2825&pID=1




BeneFit: Honey Snap Out Of It! Scrub
http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=1033&SectionID=1474&FeaturedID=12666&FeaturedProduct=8539&pID=1




Bliss: Fabulous Foaming Face Wash
http://www.blisslondon.co.uk/shop/detail/B-002/22/

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP