Thursday 22 April 2010

The Carrie Diaries

Hmm, I'm like a kitten with a ping pong ball at the moment, my brain so going 'Lip gloss! Shoes! Books! Cookies! thunder storm! Lip gloss! Back to books!' so I hope you'll indulge me while I pimp out a book I'm excited about.


Now, I don't know about you but I'm a twenty-something that likes kissing boys (you'll notice I didn't say girl. This part is relevant*) and as such, I was a huge fan of Sex and the City. Carrie writes books, I wanted to write books! Carrie lives in New York, I wanted to live in New York! Carrie likes shoes, I like shoes! Carrie likes a drink, I - OK, you get the picture. Anyway, after being horribly disappointed with the first movie (the message seemed to shift from 'hold out for what you want' to 'settle! settle now or die alone!') but I won't lie, I'm excited to see the new movie** and in anticipation, I'm even more excited to read The Carrie Diaries.

The book gives us an insight into Carrie's life as a senior in high school in the eighties and I'm promised there are vintage go-go boots in the very first chapter. Excitation, non? Once you've read it, I'd love to get your opinions. I have been plugging away at the million things I have to finish before I let myself start it but as soon as I do, I'll update you with my take.
Because obvies, my opinion matters to the likes of Candace Bushnell. Cough.


*The gays totes love it too. And I love the gays. And the gays love me. And that's why I'm single.
*I'm also excited to see Eclipse - whatcha gonna do? Also file under 'and that's why I'm single'

3 comments:

Roxy 22 April 2010 at 19:27  

im super looking forward to this book too :) not more than the new movie though haha

Katie B 23 April 2010 at 14:56  

Eclipse will be amazing! We need to do another interview soon...it has been seven months! We must flout your talent! Kate b x

BeautyLover 23 April 2010 at 14:57  

You know me, I'll flout myself silly... Lindsey x

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP