Wednesday 2 September 2009

Clarins Multi Active Day Cream

I had the pleasure of attending a Clarins event at their swanky 1 Park Avenue offices in NYC earlier this week and well, I was really quite impressed. I can't exactly tell you why but I've always had this impression that Clarins is for older people. That it's old fashion and that you would buy it in the chemist. This is based on absolutely nothing and I am, as most of you are, a slave to my Beauty Flash Balm. Also, the two people I know who are SLAVES to Clarins, have the most wonderful skin of anyone I know and they are seven years apart in age, live on different continents and have completely different skin tones, types and needs.


So how come I haven't been won over to their general skincare range?
Funnily enough, this is a question Clarins has been asking itself too and I am happy to report that they came up with an answer. Actually, they came up with a product range.
Clarins Multi Active. The range of day creams (one for each major skin group) are designed to correct, protect and perfect - doing away with early wrinkles, avoiding new ones and giving an immediate, visible radiance to the skin. I loved the cream gel texture, it reminded me of my preferred formulation of Creme de la Mer and is similar to Elemis' Pro-Collagen Marine Cream (and I think you all know how warm and fuzzy I am about that).

The cream is full of all sorts of good things but I know you're not incredibly interested in the science bit - just that it feels great, has tested really well with review panels and smells divine. Seriously, I couldn't stop sniffing the back of my hand on the subway. I'm fairy certain the man opposite me was convinced I had some sort of fetish. I'm sort of excited to finish my Pro-Collagen Marine Cream and give this baby a trial run. Which is saying something.

Probably the most exciting thing about the Multi Active creams are the prices. They're not crazy expensive, well out of the range of La Mer and Elemis. Oh, and they're pimping it with a video (which I'm not convinced by) with music by Au Revoir Simone (who I am - they're amazing, get their album Still Night, Still Light now) on Facebook and Twitter. The pages are actually really good compared to a lot of beauty companies - two thumbs up to Clarins!

So if you're looking for a new skincare regime, pop down to your nearest Clarins counter, get a free 20 minutes facial (at any counter! Without appointment!) and talk to the consultant about what cream is right for you. And they'll even put your make up back on for you after the facial.
Dream. Come. True.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP