Thursday 18 December 2008

The Morning After the Night Before

I feel like shat.
Sorry, I'm just feeling really really rubbish.
Luckily, I'm not looking as shiteous as I feel (I hope) thanks to a speedy but heavy duty repair job this morning...

If you know you're going to look a little bit crapola, try and drink lots of water before bed, ALWAYS take off your make up and ALWAYS ALWAYS moisturise. I find a good thick slick of Beauty Flash Balm helps and come morning, a blast of Liz Earle Brightening Mask or Bliss Triple Oxygen Energising Mask. This morning was heavy duty, so it was the Bliss bad boy...

As for the base. There's no point going for a make up mask, too much make up is almost worse than none at all. If your skin can take it, just go for tinted moisturiser (I LOVE the Creme de la Mer plus it's a relatively cheap way to buy into the brand), a cream blusher like Ruby & Millie's face glosses or a cheek stain like Benetint. Then add liberal amounts of Touche Eclat and a healthy highlighter or brightening powder (Dandelion or Georgia depending on your skintone) to fake that first flush of health.

Mascara is a must, curl those lashes too, open eyes are imperative! I find a light wash of sparkly shadow, like Stila's Cloud really helps.

Lips need to be soft and smooth - just go with a tinted balm unless you're always a lipstick wearer. Whatever happens, I don't want to see post-office party snog chapping.
Or beard rash...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP