Thursday 12 August 2010

Over and over and over and over

Inspired by one of my awesome Twitter buddies, I just got to thinking about the items in my make-up bag that I've bought more than once. Without wanting to sound fickle, wasteful or hateful, it's SO rare that I buy anything more than once, often because I'm distracted by something new and pretty before it's all done or I trade it in for something more effective or I lose it. Me + make up = kitten with a ping pong ball.

Anyway, the following have all stood to a repeat purchase which pretty much makes them INCREDS as far as I am concerned. I'll have a nosy around the bathroom tomorrow and let you know I've been investing in there.

OK, so obvious things out of the way first, Touch Eclat. You have it, right? You must have it. And then you must learn to apply it correctly, which I totally wasn't doing until a make up artist taught me better. Dot it under your eyes, smudge the dots together and then LEAVE IT TO REST FOR A MINUTE. Seriously, just leaving it to settle for a second before you pat it into your skin with your ring finger will make all the different. If you swipe it on and then rub, rub, rub at it, you just lift the product off and it's pointless. Try it, you might like it.

There has been a Benefit It Stick in my bag for years now. Not the same one, ew, but I find it a really convenient product. Love the pencil stylee delivery and it's the perfect shade for my fair skin. And the pencil is shiny. Nice.

Dior Lip Glow is a relatively new addition to my bag but in the last four months, I've bought two of these and I know for a fact I'll buy more. Sadly, they do get used up pretty quickly but I love the texture of the balm and it just seems to set off every look. I've gone through two tubes of Smashbox O-Plump gloss for the same reason. These colour adjusting lip products really work on me. I think it's because ultimately, they all turn a sort of blue-ish bright pink and that's a great shade for my pale skin/dark hair combo. And I'm a complete sucker for anything even faintly gadgety. Yes, yes I did own many yellow lipsticks that turned purple as a small child.

Clarins Everlasting Foundation is actually freaking me out it's so good. Seriously, foundation is my biggest problem product since I'm so bloody pale and my skin type changes daily but this is great. The 103 Ivory shade is perfect on me and the finish stays velvetty and matte all day with just a tiny touch up needed at night. I like to apply with a sponge but you can get just as good a job done with your fingers. I'm on my second bottle and I already bought my third in preparation for it running out. This is a new record, taking over from Bobbi Brown's oil free foundation in Porcelain. Good work, Clarins!

Happily, my favourite pressed powder is L'Oreal True Match. It's cheap as chips, super fine and again, they make a perfect shade for me. I've gone through dozens (mostly because I lose them on nights out ALL THE TIME).

Umm, that's all I can think of so far. Well, that and my perfume which I've probably mentioned before but I'm SO keeping that to myself because I need all the secret weapons in my man capturing arsenal I can get and apparently, it's one of the more powerful ones.
My appalling, appalling sense of humour and refusal to be impressed by anything - not so much. To illustrate, please behold this exchange from a recent date:

Date: Do you like puppies?
Me: Not especially. They're always getting in your face.
Date: Rainbows? Kittens? Flowers? Sunsets?
Me: Are you getting at something?
Date: No one is as cynical as you. It's not possible.
Me: Hmm.
Date: You know a cynic is just a wounded romantic?
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHHAA, yeah.
Date: OK, maybe you're just fucked up.
Me: Sigh...
(intro to 'Another One Bites the Dust' plays in my head)

Off topic, but still, thought I'd share.

1 comments:

Anonymous 12 August 2010 at 19:25  

Love your posts and the way you write xD. Hehe. Never fail to make me giggle xD. Ahh. Touche Eclat.. I'll try that lil tip and see how it goes - I've grown out of love with it =.=' X

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP