Tuesday 22 June 2010

L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara

Ladies and the occasionally in the wrong place, gentelman...

I started this blog for a number of reasons. To spite my then boyfriend* who insisted I find a reason to litter the flat with my make up and beauty crap or get rid of it. Because a sick part of me missed my days working in beauty PR**. Because I could never find the right mascara...
Well, I'm so very, very excited to announce that my quest is over. I have found the World's Best Mascara Ever. And yes, I know I've been excited before but I have never, ever been so impressed with a mascara as I am with L'Oreal's Double Extend Lash Boosting mascara. You might remember that about this time last year, I got lash extensions (I miss you, Natalie) and it was pretty much life changing but unfortunately, lash extensions Stateside are considerably more expensive than Natalie's awesome, bargainous service and so I had to go back to au naturel. Now, I have pretty good lashes, they're relatively long but they're very fair - I'm a natural blonde masquerading as a brunette, remember.

But with the help of L'Oreal's wonder mascara, I have thick, full, fluttery lashes that don't go a day without a compliment. It's amazing. Honestly, I've never been a big fan of lash primers but this is just fantastic. And the rich black mascara goes on over it so perfectly, all that is left are big, fat lush lashes that don't flake and don't smudge even in NEW YORK IN SUMMER. I cannot begin to tell you what a test the humidity has been for every other mascara I've tried out here but this? Loves it.

I'm using it in conjunction with the Lash Serum at night and my lashes do seem stronger and they're hanging on in there for longer but I haven't really seen any amazing changes yet. I'm giving it a full course though, given that the mascara is so very miraculous.

Excellent work, L'Oreal, excellent work...

* remember the former Mr BeautyLover? Ahh, bless. We're still friends and now he has a new girlfriend who doesn't understand the meaning of the word mascara, lovely a girl though she is, so everyone's happy! Does that sound bitchy? Hmmm.

**as a side note, one of the brands I used to work for when I was in PR was owned by L'Oreal and sadly, the people there were so increidbly hateful and potentially possessed by demons, I swore I would never ever use their products again. So thank GOD, I was sent this by a lovely, less ruined-by-L'Oreal-than-I-PR to test or I would never have found it.


4 comments:

Anonymous 22 June 2010 at 16:59  

i might have to try this, i have tried aroumd 10 different mascaras and they've all done nothing for my lashes. My mum was going to get lash extensions but they're like £60

RocknRollGourmet 22 June 2010 at 18:10  

I am sticking to my guns and my Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof until I see you in person and can judge for myself.
Hopefully this Friday?

Claire Becker 23 June 2010 at 05:20  

I'm so trying it right now. Better than YSL false lashes? really? Great blog by the way - exactlyt he same reasons i've started my beauty blog too!

Claire b x

Unknown 27 June 2010 at 08:42  

I will soooooo def try this one. I've just bought a 'collagen' one- the only place I'll get that shizz. Great blog! XX

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP