Monday 19 March 2007

What's in the Bag Cheryl Morgan?

Today's beautista is Cheryl Morgan, marketing lady and all round photogenic minx - honest, my computer is just playing up...

What's your signature make-up product and how does using it affect your mood?
Hmm, it’s tough to pick just one product but it’s possibly lip gloss. The new Clinique plumping one makes me feel more vixen-esque or the pink Philosophy one has a mint scent which makes me feel super fresh!

A beautiful boy is on the approach and you only have time to apply one product - what is it? Maybe a quick swirl of Bourjois blusher to look all coy & flushed & trick them into thinking that I’m sweet & innocent!

Out of every product you've ever had, current or sob, discontinued, what would be your favourite beauty product ever?
I’d have to agree with former ‘What’s in the bag’ respondent Della Pike and say that Benefit Brow Zings are amazing. They make your brows look so much stronger but in a really natural way. I also love YSL eyeliner in shade 7. I was told by one ill-informed YSL assistant that this had been discontinued, leading to mad panic & a horrific binge on minstrels, before finding it in House of Fraser in Bournemouth. The lovely assistant there assured me that it will be available for the foreseeable future as it’s one of their most popular lines. Lastly (yes I know you’re supposed to pick one!) I love Stila shimmer in shade 9. It helps me create the illusion of cheekbones when I have a face resembling a baked bean.

So the bag…
In my handbag is a green Clinique make up bag which was part of one of their amazing Bonus Time offers (I’m a Marketer's dream as I always purchase 2 items to get the free gift whether I need said items or not!). At home is a white basket type holder with silver handle which contains all my wonderful make up.

Foundation: At present I’m using Bobbi Brown oil free but I have to say that I’m not particularly loyal & am still flirting with other brands in search of something which doesn’t turn me into an oil slick by mid-day but also doesn’t make me skin super tight & patchy. Roll on summer when I can revert back to Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, one word – lovely. Also on the recommendation of Beauty Lover I purchased Smashbox primer & am already a big fan.

Concealer: Rimmel Hide the Blemish

Under-Eye Concealer: Touch Eclat although as someone who suffers from the worst undereye circles in the world if I’m particularly hungover or tired even this doesn’t help. I’m currently using Avon dual eye cream/gel (the one on the adverts) which I think is helping a bit. Anyone who’s got a recommendation on good undereye concealers, I’m all ears.

Blusher: I’m a Bourjois convert following Daniel Sandler’s admission that he uses it on Kate Moss. However, the damn lid always breaks off & turns everything else pink so I’m looking to find a similar version with reinforced packaging.

Eyeshadow: Mixture of Bobbi Brown (thank you to my friends who bought me the most gorgeous neutral palette for my bday last year) & Clinique. I’ve got Urban Decay for funky evening eyes as well.

Eyelash Curlers: Mine are from Tweezerman and are pretty good but not a daily essential

Eyeliners: As mentioned before I love the YSL one. I also love a Clinique gel one which again came as part of a Bonus Time. It blends really well & can work in the daytime or built up for evening.

Lips: I’m a gloss girl – mainly Clinique (are you spotting a theme!) or Philosophy

Perfume: I’ve got three on the go: Philosophy Amazing Grace for daytime, Clarins Amour Toujours for summer & Cacheral Amor, Amor for evening. Also partial to a bit of Donna Karen Cashmere Mist as well.

Oooh, so many pretty things.
And who doesn't love Bonus Time?!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP