Tuesday 13 March 2007

Fake it till you make it!

I was looking forward to sharing some of my lovely NYC photos with you today but tragically, my camera doesn't want to give them up so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry!

You'll be pleased to hear I'm in a much healthier place mentally, but physically, my skin is taking the brunt of the jet leg and lack of sleep. Why do I keep waking up at four am??? I wouldn't even be awake in New York at four am??? And no one loves sleep like I loves me some sleep.

So, in the interests of working out which bottle of crap would be the best thing to smother my face in until my skintone returns to normal, I've been looking at new foundations. Here's what we're thinking...

Rimmel Recover Foundation
I don't really know why I bought this. I liked Cool Matte but not enough to replace it when it ran out (quickly!) and Rimmel colour are always a little bit off on my skintone. BUT, I did need the 'illuminating anti-fatigue' assistance it promised. Or rather the slightly chalky coverage it provided. It's not a bad foundation, it's just not great. I didn't really feel like it made me look any less crappy, the Porcelain colour is slightly too orangey and it felt quite heavy to me but if you're looking for a bargain foundation, this might be a good option for you. And it's only £4.99 at Superdrug right now, so that might sway you, mid-month.


YSL Perfect Touch Foundation
Apparently, if you love Touche Eclat, you're going to love this new foundation that delivers in pretty much the same way. Now we all know I'm a gadget freak and this has a fun click and squeeze delivery system but something about it just didn't work for me. Not just that even the lightest shade (no 3) was too sandy for my skin but the idea of using the same brush not really being able to wash it out because it's linked to the product made me come over a bit icky. Also, I'm all for sheer finishes but this barely gave me any coverage at all and I balked at the suggestion it would give me 'baby-skin'. Creepy, much?

I would love to get more feedback on this from people that like it. I loved the idea, I just don't think the final thing worked.

Stila Powder Foundation
Hmmm. I've never been a massive fan of powder foundations as they always seem to leave me a little bit chalky but I have to say, I'm really quite liking this baby! When applied with a brush in a stippling motion, rather than swiped on with the supplied sponge, it settles into your skin rather than just sitting on top and does last for a good long time. Plus, it is much easier to touch this up than a fluid foundation and if you can't carry the brush around (Stila do a great retractable travel brush though so no excuses!), the sponge will do for your t-zone.


M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid
This might be my favourite of the recent foundations I've tried. I know it's not new but it is fantastic. The colour range is massive, it's not overly expensive, the coverage is good and more importantly, you can build it without the foundation ever looking cakey. And best of all, it has spf 15. No wrinkles here!

I was going to post a picture of how AWFUL I actually look today but I just can't do it.

Even my eyebrows are disappointed in my levels of grooming.
And they are usually really easy to please.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP