Monday 22 March 2010

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

I just wanted to take a little minute and thank the beauty gods for helping me out yesterday.
Basically, the story starts with our heroine (me) on a broken down night bus at 3.00am, stranded in the middle of Battersea and freaking out slightly that she has to be in a taxi to Heathrow in two and a half hours. It wasn't my finest moment, nor my soberest, so you can imagine how I looked when I rolled up to the American shitty Airlines check-in desk at six.

However, somehow I had remembered to throw some Beauty Flash Balm in my hand luggage so once I was safely in the air, I larped on about half the tube, took two Tylenol extra strength and promptly went to sleep. I woke up a couple of times and reapplied but was too scared to look in a mirror until I was about an hour from NYC. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather (and not just because I was still drunk). My skin was glowing, there was no plane dryness, no congestion, no 'I was out all night, HA!' death pallor. Just lovely soft, glowing, fresh skin.

So it comes down to this, either made a deal with a devil that I don't remember (quite possible) or Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is actually a miracle. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because the only devils I recall seeing on Saturday night were a particularly regrettable ex-boy and Mr Sambuca. Could it be that I've had Beauty Flash Balm hanging around for so long that I'd forgotten what miracles it could achieve when tested? Well, Brownie Guide Promise, I'll never take you for granted again. Thank you Clarins, thank you man in the window seat for climbing over me to go to the loo instead of waking me up and thank you Chris Pine for being on the big screen when I did wake up. That man is a looker.

3 comments:

Anonymous 23 March 2010 at 06:06  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous 2 April 2010 at 08:32  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vanessa 3 April 2010 at 15:15  

Hi Lindsey,

I just ordered 2 of your novels after I read the one about Angela. You a a great writer! :)

Love from Germany,

Vanessa

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP