Tuesday 14 July 2009

I Heart New York - packing problems

Oh my but I'm having a bit of a crazy month... two weeks tomorrow, I pack up and wave goodbye to London Town for New York City and do you want to know what I'm finding scariest? The actual packing up. I have done so many culls on my wardrobe and beauty collection, it almost makes me want to have a little cry. Well, another little cry because I've already sobbed once or twice.

But I digress. The point of this post is to tell you about what actually made it through the cull and more importantly, what I've stocked up on to take with me. The stocking up thing is huge, given that the US is hardly short of beauty products so if I think enough of something to take it with me in bulk, it must be fairly good...

Skin Care
The first thing I bought in bulk was my Liz Earle cleanse & polish. Honestly, I couldn't be without it. I've been faithful for well over a year now and while I swap it out for Cetaphil in the mornings (I like a gel wash in summer mornings, dontcha know?) I am always to be found slavishly massaging it in of an evening. It's amazing.

Swiftly following the Liz Earle was my Eve Lom Rescue Mask and Elemis Try-Enzyme Mask. Between these two bad boys, I have the most even, glowing skin I have ever, ever, ever had. I LOVE Eve Lom for sorting me out after a particularly heavy session while I use the Tri-Enzyme mask once a week as an exfoliating/anti-aging treatment and honestly, I credit it entirely with sorting out my post-acne skin. No lumps, bumps or scarring and all since I started using this mask. The idea of being without it actually makes me shiver. One thing I haven't stocked up on yet but absolutely will because it's going to save my LIFE after the flight to New York, is the Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Masque which I always use after a flight. It feels like you slapped yourself around the chops with a smoothie or something. Awesome.

Over to moisturising, I'm fairly well equipped with my Advanced Night Repair and Advanced Night Repair Concentrate (which I'll need post-flight) as well as my Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, Pro-Collagen Eye Renewal, Absolute Eye Serum and my Creme de la Mer The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid. And obviously, I'll be packing bucket loads of Beauty Flash Balm.

And that's pretty much where I'm at for the face. I'm loaded up on Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Cream to keep my skin in tip top condition - it's so light but SO moisturising and Spa Paradisa Renew Body Butter and Elemis Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt because they smell divine and I can't imagine being without them. I also need to get hold of some Champney's Perfect Sleep Body butter because of lavender obsession knows no bounds and this is the most delicious body butter version of my beloved sleep scent that I've found. Oh! And I will also be packing some Lee Stafford Spray Wax, Shine Spray and Dehumidifier. My barnet would suffer without them...

There's loads of other stuff that I've had to wave goodbye to and that I know I'll miss but these are the things I rely on to stop me looking like a shrewish hag from day to day.
Can't. Recommend. Highly. Enough.

Now I just need to find The World's Biggest Suitcase.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP