Monday 26 February 2007

What's in the Bag Della Pike?

Today's what's in the bag beautista is self-confessed make up junkie, Della Pike. Seriously, I'm a little overawed and possibly, a little bit in girl-crush love. I want this make up bag...

What's your signature make-up product and how does using it affect your mood?
Most definitely Mascara (and probably a bit of eyeliner) - without it I am just not awake!

A beautiful boy is on the approach and you only have time to apply one product - what is it?Benefit Bad Gal Lash - how else can I flutter my eyelashes unless they are big, bad and beautiful!

Out of every product you've ever had, current or sob, discontinued, what would be your favourite beauty product ever?
The one I am the most grateful too is probably Benefit Brow Zing - it's true what they say, fuller eyebrows that shape your face are more flattering and make you look younger. And if you are like me and spent your early teenage years plucking every hair possible (didn't mean that to sound quite as wrong as it did), you will need all the help you can get! Brow Zing is great because it lasts all day, and it really does leave them looking natural, rather than my previous body-shop pencilled-in numbers.

So the bag…
Well, you see, its not so much that I don't have a bag, it's that I don't have one bag. I have four. All of which are Benefit of various shapes and sizes all all contain beautiful, beautiful things... Now I have to say I am a MASSIVE make-up snob and on many occasions throughout University went without food for the sake of a beautiful make up product - the only thing high street in my make up bag is Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer. I have never found a concealer that works as well - it's like a mini miracle worker and practically free!

Foundation: MAC Fond de Teint - Now I really struggle with foundation - I have never EVER found a foundation that I love - this is OK, Clinique is OK, Bobbi Brown is good but a bit runny, Benefits colouring is just all wrong for me (sigh). Suffice to say but none of these have won my heart. I am still searching for the perfect 'match'... any ideas welcome.

Concealer: Rimmel Hide the Blemish

Under-Eye Concealer: Touch Eclat - biggest tip I can give you http://www.cheapsmells.co.uk/ - £13!

Blusher:
I'm not a blusher girl, more of a bronzer (although Benefit Dandelion does have a place in my make-up bag for those winter-white cheeks!) Benefit Hoola, Dallas and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - All have their different uses and all are fab!

Eyeshadow: MAC make the most amazing eye shadows in so many fabulous colours - I can't even begin to pick one! Although for everyday neutral shades, have recently fallen in love with my new Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude eyeshadow palette.

Eye lash Curlers: None - I realise that is bad but the do-it-yourself clamping ones scare the bejesus out of me and my heated ones ran out of battery (about 10 months ago!) hmmmm...

Eyeliners: Well on my previous visit to the US of A where make up is plentiful and half the price of that of the UK I found what is now my favourite eyeliner ever. Let me introduce you to Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - It is AMAZING. It comes in a pack of two colours - Black and Sepia (brown) and Catherine, as much as I love the bad gal, this puts its attempt at smoky eyes to shame - I love it and it lasts forever! Although be warned, the panda eyes in the morning are not a good look!

Lips: I can't wear lipstick - be it nude, brown, pink or red. Just the slightest bit of colour leaves me looking like Pete Burns post-op (yet no-one thought to tell me this during my coffee-shimmer filled teenage years!) So instead I go for the gloss. Have to say that Clinique air kiss is probably my all time favourite - subtle but enough to look like I have made an effort and the beauty blogger recently brought me MAC's Viva Glam V which I adore. As she said, if it's good enough for Dita Von Teese, it's good enough for me! However, on a 'natural day' (that is when I apply a fair old amount of make up to make it look like I am wearing none), Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is perfect - a bit thick at times but a quick swipe across the lips and eyelids (trust me) and am ready to go!

Perfume: Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, Chacharel Amor Amor and Philosophy Pure Grace - Beautiful!

For one of my Christmas presents I got the complete collection of make up brushes from The Body Shop - While Bobbi Brown and MAC will charge you ridiculous amounts of money for an applicator that, while looks beautiful, doesn't have any magical powers that turn you in to fully fledged make up artist, The Body Shop set is very very good, no stray brush hairs, easy to clean and the receipt will not make your bank manager shout at you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP